I first saw this recipe posted at Happy Home Baking and absolutely fell in love with how these cookies looked. I immediately added them to my To Bake list and gave them a go the first chance I had, which was today. Oh my goodness, they really do melt in the mouth! They’re delicious, so easy to make and use ingredients you most likely have to hand right now, which is good because you’ll want to make them ASAP.
I added glacé cherries to some of them before baking and dipped some of them in milk chocolate once they’d baked and cooled. You can jazz them up however you like but they’re gorgeous on their own too.
- 175g Butter, softened at room temperature
- 40g Icing Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 175g Plain Flour
- 40g Cornflour
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4/180°C/350°F and line two baking trays.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter and icing sugar together until pale and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and beat for a few seconds.
- Sift the flour and cornflour together over the butter mixture and mix until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a large star-shaped piping nozzle. Pipe into the required shapes on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Space the shapes well apart.
- Bake the cookies for 12 minutes or until they are a pale golden colour. Leave for a few minutes on the baking tray to firm up slightly before transferring to wire rack to cool.
Recipe Source: Happy Home Baking