Ever had bath-time goodies that smelt so good you just wanted to eat them? Chances are if you’ve ever used anything by Soap & Glory, then you have (I’m currently slathered in their Sugar Crush body buttercream and I smell like Skittles. SKITTLES).
The product that has inspired this particular post though is the one and only Breakfast Scrub. It’s been a staple in my bathroom for the last few years and for good reason! Not only is it amazing at it’s job (leaving you super silky smooth and smelling fiiiiine) it smells absolutely divine. I often find I’ve walked into the bathroom for no other reason than to sniff this glorious pot of scrummy sugary goodness.
Bananas, almonds, honey, maple; it’s no wonder it smells so damned good! I decided to take all of these yummy things and whip up something that smells just as good that I can actually eat and thus the Soap & Glory Breakfast Muffin was born.
Light and fluffy, deliciously moist, perfect for an on-the-go breakfast and just heavenly warmed up! Give it a go the next time you want to eat the contents of your bathroom.
Soap & Glory Breakfast Muffin
- 250g Self Raising Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 90g Caster Sugar
- 25g Light Brown Sugar plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Tsp Almond Extract
- 1 Tsp Honey
- 75g Butter
- 2 Large Ripe Bananas
- 2 Medium Eggs
- 120ml Milk
- Maple Syrup
- Pre-heat the oven to Gas mark 5/190°C/375°F. Line a 12 tray muffin pan with muffin cases.
- Melt the butter and set aside to cool.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt, cinnamon and sugar into a large bowl and mix.
- In a separate bowl add the eggs, vanilla extract, almond extract, honey, milk and butter and beat well. Mash up the bananas and add to the egg mix. Stir.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry mixture and pour in the egg mixture. Mix with a fork until just incorporated. It should be thick and lumpy.
- Spoon into the muffin cases and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until firm and golden.
- Once baked, removed from the oven and whilst they’re still hot drizzle each muffin with a good amount of maple syrup and sprinkle some light brown sugar. Leave to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Leave to cool completely or enjoy warm.
(I’m not sponsered by Soap & Glory btw, I’m just an S&G addict)